A lot of us have been working on new costumes while stuck at home these last few months. It’s time to show off that work! Join our virtual Quarantine Costume Contest!
We have categories for kids, novice, journeyman, and master, with a prize in each category! The contest will take place on Tuesday September 22.
Contestants will join a virtual call, which will be live-streamed, so you can show off your costume to all the other participants and viewers. You’ll even get to see our judges deliberate live!
- Enter the Kids Division if you are under 18. Enter the Novice Division if you are new to costume contests. Enter the Journeyman Division if you have competed before, or like a little challenge. Enter the Masters Division...if you dare.
- There are a limited number of entries for each division. If you do not get a confirmed spot, you will be added to the waitlist. You might also consider competing at a higher level than you normally would.
- This is an all ages event, however minors must have a parent or guardian with them for the call.
- Each competitor will get up to two minutes to show off and describe their costume. Please ensure you have adequate lighting and a quality camera to capture the details of your costume. Having someone you live with hold the camera for you might be helpful.
- Judging will take place immediately after each category, so nobody has to wait until the very end to find out if they won. However, everyone is encouraged to stay to cheer on the masters category at the end!
- Your costume doesn’t have to be one you’ve made in lockdown. You’re welcome to enter costumes you already possess. However please do not enter any costumes for which you have previously won an award.
If you aren’t entering the contest but want to watch the live-stream, RSVP and keep an eye out for the livestream link to tune in!